WHY GET YOUR FURNACE AND DUCTS CLEANED?
Avoid Costly Repair Bills
By cleaning your furnace & ducting you will minimize the risk of an unexpected costly breakdown. Your equipment will be clean and free of any dust / dirt build up that can potentially cause damage to your furnace. There is nothing worse than a preventable breakdown, especially when these troubles can happen in -30 degree weather on a weekend. During a cleaning, our technicians will also let you know of any issues that may be starting to develop with your system, so these can be fixed before they are fully broken.
Save Money / Energy
Furnace & Duct cleaning is an important part of regular maintenance that can help save you money in energy bills. By removing dust & dirt from your furnace motor / blower wheel and AC coil, your efficiency can improve which will save you money on your utilities. A clean system does not need to work as hard, and will also last longer. Even a small amount of dust build up on a furnace blower wheel can reduce efficiency by up to 20%.
Improve indoor air quality
Removing contaminants which can include pollen, mold, dust, and even pet hair from your ducts helps to achieve better indoor air quality which can help to minimize reactions from allergies and asthma. Odours or smells can also be removed with a cleaning, especially when using our Benefect Sanitizer. If you have completed a renovation this is also a great time to get rid of all of that drywall dust in your furnace / ducting.
WHY CHOOSE US/WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
Our primary goal at RT Heating is to provide you with the highest level of comfort and customer service. Our detail oriented team helped us win the Red Deer Express Reader’s Choice Awards Best Furnace Cleaning Company in 2018, and second place in 2017. We also placed second in Best Customer Service in 2018.
Every job our team performs is done to the highest quality level, which is the reason our cleanings take approximately 3-4 hours per job. Many other companies are in and out of your house in 1.5 hours, but we want to make sure the job is performed thoroughly. We provide a highly detailed checklist of the job which will highlight what we have done in your home, and if you have any questions, our technicians will be happy to answer them for you. We also have an optional and highly recommended brush system. With this cleaning method, we can provide a much more thorough scrubbing of your ducts. You never know what we might find in your ducts with the brush system; RT crew even found an heirloom diamond ring once! On the other hand, we’ve also found dirty socks in vents, so it’s not always a treasure that we find.
- Our basic charge is $229 for the first 10 vents. Any additional vents are $10 each. This price also includes cleaning the furnace.
- Our technicians will count all heat and return air vents in the whole house including the basement once complete.
POWER BRUSH SYSTEM
- Our Power Brush System is used on 90% of the jobs we clean. It provides an extra deep scrub of all the vents in your home, at an economical price. For only $50 you can add the Power Brush System Cleaning onto your next furnace and duct cleaning package.
DRYER VENT CLEANING
- This service is optional but highly recommended as a neglected dryer vent is a huge fire hazard. Our price to clean and inspect your dryer vent is $50 if the vent is easily accessible. In some cases, we cannot clean the dryer vent, such as when the vent itself is an older white plastic style of material. This style of dryer vent is a fire hazard, so we recommend replacing, if possible. Our technicians can inspect your dryer vent and give their recommendation.
SANITIZATION OF DUCTWORK
- Our final step is to sanitize all of the ductwork. An environmentally friendly botanical disinfectant called Benefect is used, which is $50.
- In some cases, access panels will need to be cut into the ductwork in the furnace room. If any are needed, we charge $10 each. Our technicians will determine whether or not they are required, as there may have been some used on previous cleanings. We use access panels because it allows us to perform a more thorough, consistent cleaning on all jobs. The holes cut in the ducting are for attaching our suction hose. The holes are covered up after with our access panels which will allow for a thorough cleaning in the future.
- Our technicians are stocked with the most common sizes of furnace air filters. They range from $5-$20 each depending on the size and quality of filter.
AIR CONDITIONING CLEANING
- This service is $25 and includes an air wash and inspection of the indoor evaporator coil. If your outdoor unit needs a service / cleaning, please ask our technicians about a separate AC maintenance package.
- Depending on the location of your home, a mileage fee may apply. At the time of booking please mention your address and we can let you know if there are any applicable mileage fees.
Our cleaning system includes a combination of suction, brushes, and compressed air with whips. First, our main suction hoses are hooked up to your system. We clean the hot and cold side separately. While the suction hose is hooked up, we then run a brush system down each vent if you have chosen this optional package. If you have opted for the basic cleaning, instead of the brush we would use air whips. Once this is complete, all the vents are then blown through with compressed air. Once all of the branch lines are done, the main trunk line is done from the furnace room with reverse whips/balls/agitation devices. This process is repeated for the return air (cold) vents.